Loved this! At first glance I thought the illustration would be dreadful to look at continuously but that turned out be irrelevant. Once I got use to the chunky lines I was able to read through it pretty quickly, and found it to be a very expressive and funny style. The text and drawings seemed a bit crammed in for my liking but I thoroughly enjoyed the story. I like reading about real life situations and Julie didn't hold back a word about her personal life. I thought it was pretty spot on for a college students life (even young person), well perhaps I can't say I've met anyone who lost their virginity to an older creepy man. I liked her story because a part of me dreams of moving to NYC without any question of it, but I know it would be very challenging and I would certainly try my best to avoid falling for a crazy posessive psycho.
Best of all, it wasn't about a super hero! Growing up I never gave a comic book the time of day because I assumed they were all action related. Now I have a new appreciation for the whole medium yet still don't enjoy the super hero stuff...and Flash Gordon....NOT FOR ME.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment