Sunday, September 20, 2009
Flash Gordon by: Alex Raymond
UGH! I grew up with watching the film because my mom loved it and I also bobbed along to Queen's Flash throughout my childhood so I had some expectations for this. They were not met. I expected to find the same silly feeling of release in the print version as I did the film and catchy song. It was all too harsh, I'm all about vivid colors but the combination of color, style, and blunt dumbed down text was just unbearable to follow. But! I followed through. I figured I should but the full effort behind something I had put to much expectation behind anyway. I'm glad I read it and gave it a full chance but I'm still thinking there is only a small portion of comics that I will ever truly enjoy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment